WordPress Course for Web Designers & Content Managers
Would you like to learn how to design and maintain a fantastic responsive WordPress website?
17 &18 November 2020
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Our 2 day WordPress for Web Designers & Content Managers is ideal for anyone who wisher to learn how to design their own website, or manage their existing company website. This course is designed to introduce a learner to WordPress from the start of the process of purchasing a domain and selecting a Web Host to installing WordPress, using themes, adding pages, navigation menus, including widgets and plugins as well as optimizing your website for SEO.
- Domain Hosting & PHP
- eMail Setup & Management
- FTP & SQL Databases
- WordPress Manual Installation
- The role of Theme’s & Plugins
- Understanding the Dashboard
- WordPress Settings
- Mobile Friendly vs Responsive Themes
- Installing & Customizing a Theme
- Selecting & Installing Plugins
- Must have WordPress Plugins
- Setting up a “coming soon” page
- Setting up User accounts
- Creating a Child Theme
- Creating Menus
- Creating Pages
- Preparing content for your Pages
Site Design (continue)
- Website Page Design
- Writing Content for your Website
- Preparing Images for your Website
- Creating & using Widgets
- Creating enquiry Forms
- SEO Plugins
- SEO your site
- Creating Posts
- Creating Categories & Tags
- Using your blog posts for marketing
Managing your WordPress site
- Setting up automated backups
- Updating & Maintaining your site
- Securing your site
- Set up & install Google Analytics
- Google Search Console & Indexing
- Moving a WordPress site to another domain
WHAT YOU GET
- Internet Access
- Full day seminar (8:30am – 4:00/4:30pm)
- Course Manual
- Tips & Tools
- Full catering for the day including Tea breaks & Lunch
- Certificate of attendance
- Own Laptop/Notebook with up to date Software
- Users have to be PC literate and regular Computer users
- Exposure to Web Design and/or the Internet advantageous
INTERACTIVE WEBINAR – R3 990.00 per person
IN PERSON SEMINAR – R5 300.00 per person
Receive 10% Discount for every additional delegate booked
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Bookings that have been Invoiced & Confirmed by email are seen as FIRM commitments.
- Payments are due on receipt of Invoice.
- A refund of 50% will apply for cancellations received in writing 48 Hours prior to the start of the Seminar.
- No refund applies to late cancellations
- If the Seminar has to be cancelled due to lack of interest, 100% of fees will be refunded
2020 SEMINAR DATES
Book & Pay your seminar online via Credit Card, Debit Card or select EFT. All bookings will receive invoices & booking confirmations.
Marla Nortjé has a 30 year career in IT varying from Networking, Hardware, Software, IT Ops, IT Management, Business Process Analysis & Management and Digital Solutions – Web Design & Online Marketing.
Marla has been offering Business Solutions to companies in the Western Cape for the last 12 years and specializes in Production Processes and ERP System Solutions and Specifications to match your business with your systems.